Friday, August 12, 2011

Overview of the Tour

Here I am, at my house, thinking of what to write about Libera's tour because I didn't get to go see them. I really wish I could have gone, but problems popped out of nowhere, and suddenly, I couldn't go. What a great dissapointment. But on the bright side, me, and all the other people like me who didn't have a chance to see Libera with our own eyes, have something called the Internet to help us connect. Thank God for the Internet!

Okay. As you probably already know, a Libera member wrote a series of blog posts, and they are on the Official Libera Website. Here is the First Blog Entry, and this one is the Second, and finally the Third one. Overall, I think they are VERY cute, because whoever wrote them sounds like a mini news reporter. Also, they are really informative. These Libera kids are so bright, and they know how to make us pay attention while having a good laugh at the same time. I hope they had fun on the tour.

So, this is the overview of everything that happened on the USA 2011 Summer Tour of Libera:

First, they traveled by plane to Minnesota, where they would have their first concert. They got to their hotel, slept nice and sound, and did rehearsals the next day. Can you imagine that?? You just traveled about 5,000 miles, and after a short sleep(disturbed by time difference) you wake up in the morning and have to be fresh and upbeat for a series of rehearsals. Harsh schedule, huh? Well, I think they pulled it off. I know I would have dropped dead asleep on the floor halfway through rehearsal time.

Then they took a field trip to the Cathedral in St. Paul, to find it to have a living hell of a temperature. Luckily, they had fans to cool them down. No, not fans as in people fans who cheer, but electric fans that produce cool air. Yes, those fans. Lol.

They went to the Gala Concert venue, where they saw none other than Miley Cyrus, and loads of auction items.

Next they went to a science museum to watch a King Tut movie. I think it was in an Imax Dome theater because they mentioned in the blog that the screen was "ginormous" and that there was nothing to distract them from the movie. Awww, it was their first time at an Imax? That's great! I'm glad they liked it! By the way, if you haven't been to an Imax to see a movie, go and get a ticket RIGHT NOW!! It's amazing!

Anyway, the next day, they did the morning mass at the cathedral as well as participate in the Starkey Foundation Gala concert with Jon Rich. They met Bill Clinton, and Whoopi Goldberg, and took a picture with Miley Cyrus. You can see her in this picture above.
and she is in the middle of all the boys. This picture is courtesy to the Official Libera Website.


They stayed at Maddens Resort for two days where they did a great deal of playing sports, burning off calories and slimming down. Not like they need to, anyway. Then they performed their first actual concert at St. Mary's Basilica, which they said was a good start. Afterward, they took a ride down the Missisippi, swam in a the pool, and went to sleep. I bet they slept like babies :)

Well, I'll post the rest of that in a day or two. We need to let our brains take all of this in for a while. Good luck!

Liberaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment