Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Late and On Time Birthday

Well, on Saturday, I was at a place where I had no internet connection, so unfortunately I could not  say a very happy birthday to our dear Joseph Platt. I'm sorry about that. But I can at least say it now

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH PLATT!!!!!
On Saturday, August 20, Joe turned a whopping 20 years old. I was never aquainted with this particular singer, so I decided to do a little research on youtube. Man, this kid(when he was a kid) had a VOICE!! I watched a tribute video made for him, thanks to luminosaglory, the maker. I was expecting something more, how should I say.. olden from him since he was in Libera about three generations before the present one. I was astonished! The video started and this gorgeous, lilting melody poured from the speakers. His voice has such a sunny tone to it, and that, blended with the piety in his singing just blew me away. I'm sorry, Joe, for not recognizing your talent until now.

Here's the video. Thank you, again to luminosaglory for making this.

Now, to the present, we have an on-time birthday today. Alfie Smart is turning 13 years old today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Our dear Alfie, on this date of August 24, is officially a teenager. You know, I miss this kid so much. When I became aquainted with the newer Libera generation in 2010, his name was among the first I remembered. And then, just as he came, he was gone again :(  Well, as it turns out, Alfie joined Libera in 2008, and left last year. There are some who are still suspecting him to be part of the choir, but in my opinion, if he was still in Libera, he would have come on the Canada or Us tour, or both, and he went on neither. I'm not sure of his singing any solos during his time in the choir, but he was really adorable. Here's a little tribute video off of Youtube, with much gratitude to MrJoesnelling, who happens to make quite a lot of Libera videos.



Well, that's our birthdays. Check in again in two days, because we have another birthday to celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment